Monday, June 3, 2013

CNX Non Linear

During Group 5's Bonk Presentation, they discussed Non-Linear learning and a knowledge ecosystem of non-linear thinking.

CNX.org is one of these portals discussed. This is the kind of thinking and incorporation of technology that I find myself being pulled to. One of my greatest memories of my highschool education was my teacher making us see events that we learned in grade school texts books from another angle and perspective. It was in her classroom I learned how rhetoric can be used in a hyperbolic fashion, and "one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter". One my passions about education is the ability to use empathy, and see different perspectives that differ from the classic textbook. This is by far my favorite Bonk chapter because of its relevance and importance to what I want to use in the future for my classroom. 

2 comments:

  1. Diana,

    I like the connections you make to your own learning in high school. I think we need to personalize learning and also encourage divergent thinking. Not easy to do with all the demands of accountability and time, but we can do it one small step at a time.

    I agree this was a really interesting Bonk chapter. I suggest you watch the whole Ted Talk we sampled for more info. on Open Learning software and the Knowledge Ecosystem. The link is on our Prezi.

    Cheers, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You both might find this article interesting..A is for Adaptive...see June 17 issue of Newsweek about adaptive learning AND the economics of it! A bit scary to me!

      Delete